Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Beading group in Puerto Vallarta

One of the wonderful things about traveling is the new connections you can make with people with diverse backgrounds and dynamic personalities. I was lucky to be connected by a former cruising friend to this wonderful group of women who have a passion for beading. Meeting weekly, sharing idea's, creating unique pieces of art to wear, laughing and sharing information on what's going on in Puerto Vallarta in terms of movies, art walks, fashion and such is what they do. I'm now happy to be a part of the weekly gathering. Next week we hit the yacht club! And yes some of these lady's are cruisers or former cruisers like myself.

This weeks meeting was hosted by Maureen who's son ironically instructed my daughter with some guitar lessons last spring. It truly seems like a small world sometimes!


Everyone brings a project to work on. I've been on a weaving kick the last couple of weeks so decided to bring my loom that Randall made while we were in Montana this past summer. Here you can see the loom strung with a pendant in the making.

Maureen, our hostess, tempted us with scrumptious chicken salad sandwiches and the richest tasting gooey fudge brownies I think I have ever had, yum! Our napkins read as follows:

I'm hoping by next week the 14 woven necklaces I've been weaving in a vibrant array of colors will be completed with photographs for me to post here. So, stay connected. They are coming shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?